Grimstead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimstead

A fourm to discuss aspects of gameplay or the story of Grimstead.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Behind Grimstead

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Leiela (Admin)
Admin

Behind Grimstead Empty
PostSubject: Behind Grimstead   Behind Grimstead Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 6:23 pm

Ok quick question?

Sometimes i feel the information on the behind the scene's blog is alittle dry, same old same old. it's hard to get creative of what exactly i should explain about a family without saying the same old line of "the round ticks along smoothly"

I was thinking of putting some charecter back ground information in here, perhaps likes / dislikes perhaps even blurbs on how they feel about other charecters or situations, so even though they may not appear in story political opinion is known.

Also I was Perhaps thinking of writing stat blocks for the vamps / warewolves so you know exactly what they are capable of etc, as belive it or not i do have a list of capability's written for each supernatural and no siren's power isn't limitless and would allow you to perhaps compare the charecters and would give people a better insight into cabability's when coming up with theorys (yes morgaine thinking of you here hunny, heck perhaps Siren could get a break from being blamed for everything)

This said im somewhat reluctant as i don't want to ruin future plots, for example so far i haven't really shown how powerful or not risa is and feel perhaps stating her out may remove the mystery, likewise revealing how Abel truely feels for Persia or even his brothers for that matter might do the same.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://grimstead.secretsstories.com
Morgaine2005

Behind Grimstead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind Grimstead   Behind Grimstead Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 5:07 pm

Hmm. Seems like you'd be walking a fine line here no matter what you decide to do.

Well, I'm all in favor of learning a little bit more about non-story characters, or at any rate characters who haven't shown up recently (like Taye and Forrest). I really liked it when you gave Calin and Marta personalized LTWs -- you could share those for all the characters, story and non-story alike, and hopefully it won't give too much away.

I agree that the stats for the vampires and werewolves might be a bit harder to pull off without giving stuff away. Hmm ... you know, if it were me, I might decide to write up clan statistics (because your vampires operate according to clan, no?), with typical clan weaknesses and strengths, and notes on how aging affects these weaknesses and strengths. So we might get an idea of what Siren's powers are (and why she isn't to blame for everything that goes wrong in Grimstead, apparently! Wink), but we won't know anything too specific.

And Risa, as far as I can tell, doesn't seem to belong to a clan at all, so we wouldn't have any idea what her powers are! Twisted Evil

I also agree that it's way too soon to reveal how Abel feels about Persia or his brothers (though I think, personally, that his animosity against Peter is nothing more or less than a sign of intelligence and good taste! Wink) But surely there are other things you could reveal ... such as, what was his relationship with his father (or his mother) like? Where was Abel, and what was he doing, when he found out his father had been killed, and how did he react to it? I guess it's a little bit like those 10 things lists -- pick something that won't give away too much for your story, but that might give readers an insight into the character.

And of course, lastly there's the good old spoiler warning. You could even color the text the same color as the backround, so if anyone wanted to read it, they would have to highlight the text. Then you can't say you didn't warn them! Wink
Back to top Go down
Leiela (Admin)
Admin

Behind Grimstead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind Grimstead   Behind Grimstead Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:54 pm

Oh great idea's Smile

Vampire clans rule thier ability's and how that ranks up though age is easy done. They learn thier clans abilitys "naturally" however they can learn ability's from another clan if they have someone to teach them and they are strong enough (for example Vincent's "claws" arn't a natural ability for his clan, nor is his mind control so i guess you could figure on him being pretty powerful even in vampire circles as "young" vampires are highly unlikely to have powers outside thier own clan because the effort to learn them is quite great)

Oh and Risa does have a clan, it's different to siren/vincent and even hector's but it does exist geek

Warewolf abilitys are dependent on
Tribe (abit like vampire clans.. passed on from parent to child),
breed (whether or not their birth form is human or wolf)
and by which phase of the moon they are ruled by.
and of course age/exprience.

Mages are more complicated, basically they have a primary sphere of magic and they "learn spells" from within thier chosen sphere. However they are not limited by spells just within thier sphere, The effect of other spells is simply not as powerful as those cast from within the chosen.

So really what one v's the next can do is really broad so it's pretty impossible to list all possible combinations for lusicous, Tarik and Asha, though i could do a summary of thier chosen sphere's so you know the sorts of magic's to expect.

Mortal wise, i think giving "history" might be a good idea if i chose which bits of history to reveal leaving out anything too plot breaking.

Back to top Go down
http://grimstead.secretsstories.com
Sponsored content

Behind Grimstead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind Grimstead   Behind Grimstead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Behind Grimstead
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Grimstead :: Behind Grimstead :: Suggestions-
Jump to: